- Help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney
- Permanent role
- Parramatta location
- Leading the mapping, management and governance of unstructured information and content to enable easy access, find and use of information assets across the asset value chain.
- Defining and managing content types relating to classification (Corporate Classification Standards, Enterprise Information Model, Asset Value Chain) for discoverability and interoperability.
- Defining and governing version control processes, file name convention (by content type), and publishing process so the source of truth, current, authorised version of content is easily found.
- Defining and managing content management process including information lifecycle management of content.
- Defining and managing content in alignment with information governance roles and processes.
- Defining content management and collaboration interdependencies so there is trust, source of truth and access to current content and unstructured information.
Knowledge ManagerParramatta, New South Wales, Australia
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and the community we serve.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
The successful candidate will be an experienced people leader and line manager with strong change leadership, coaching skills and performance management skills.
The successful candidate will have led teams in areas of information management such as using metadata management processes to manage content in an organisation and will have an understanding of the use of unstructured information and content in the business. This role will be focussed on Sydney Water’ Asset and Location information domains. This is an opportunity for an experienced people manager to implement information management processes and enable better access, use and trust in information and content.
The ability to understand the organisational context and business problems and translate within the team is important so business benefits can be realised and sustained. The team uses agile scrum methodology for delivery of projects and works closely with the business and IT. Strong relationship skills are essential as partnering is key to successful outcomes. Experience in asset intensive companies or utilities would be an advantage but if not, the ability to understand the core business activities, processes and information needs is key. An important part of the role in managing and governing metadata of over 1 million Engineering Drawings, including how the business uses drawings as part of asset management changes and creation of new assets.
Technical accountabilities will include:
You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.
Applications close: 23 October 2017
Knowledge Manager_Final (002).docm
Category: Other - Other
Reference ID: AU1877GB000014
Date Posted: 09/10/2017