- Parramatta Based
- Permanent Role
- Help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney
- Degree or qualification in relevant discipline e.g. Information Management, Content Management, Knowledge Management, Science Communications or equivalent industry experience
- Proven project management skills with demonstrated ability to achieve milestones on time
- Strong business process management skills with experience in information management processes such as metadata management
- Advanced written communication skills, synthesizing, editing and presenting information in consistent and consumable way
- Advanced cross functional and cross organizational integration skills
- Excellent oral communication and listening skills: building and maintaining strong relationships and networks, influencing
- Web design and content presentation in electronic forms
- Attention to detail, editing and making content consistent
Collaboration & Content LeadParramatta, New South Wales, Australia
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and the community we serve.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
The successful candidate will have excellent communication and people skills, with experience in building technical skills in less experienced staff and programming and prioritising work.
The preferred candidate will have defined or used information management processes such as metadata management to manage content in an organisation and have an understanding of the use of unstructured information and content in the business. This role will be focussed on Sydney Water’ Asset and Location information domains. This is an opportunity for an experienced senior content manager to implement information management processes and enable better access, use and trust in information and content.
The ability to understand the organisational context and business problems and translate within the team is important so business benefits can be realised and sustained. The team uses agile scrum methodology for delivery of projects and works closely with the business and IT. Strong relationship skills are essential as partnering is key to successful outcomes. Experience in asset intensive companies or utilities would be an advantage but if not, the ability to understand the core business activities, processes and information needs is key. An important part of the role in managing and governing metadata of over 1 million Engineering Drawings, including how the business uses drawings as part of asset management changes and creation of new assets.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table.
You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.
Applications close: 23 October 2017
Collaboration and Content Lead V1 DA.docm
Category: Other - Other
Reference ID: AU1877GB000013
Date Posted: 08/10/2017